Tuesday, October 2, 2007

between secondary school and university



after reading it rather slowly and carefully, word by word, i finally finished norweigian wood. beautiful and simple book. im still stuck in that "zone". i don't know whether i like/hate that feeling. like it because, it proves to be a good book and it transported me into the book. hate it because, im left feeling kind of depressed and having all these weird thoughts in my head.

it took me some time to sign in and actually write. i hesitated a few times. whether to write or not. see? im scared to express myself too openly. finally, here i am. glad that i made the right move. or should i say, a move which made me feel better.

my collegemates and i came to realize that we are left with few more weeks of college. or less. my college life is such a short one, really short. and i didnt find anything special about it nor did i have the mood to cherish the last few weeks of college days. cherish, like the way my classmate put it, on the 2nd or 3rd day of college.

however, some part of me just want to record this down and remind myself. what if one day, my kid ask me, how was college like? or if i am old and retired, i will ask myself "hey, what did i even do in college? " because, i would say, my college life is THAT forgettable. sure, there are some good friends and gossips and laughters and 'going outs' here and there. perhaps, this is not MY year.


5.55 : alarm rings
6.15 : jennifer wakes me up. just in case
6.50 : off to college. mr.chan will be there with tian and yee shiang. im always late. it's a habit i
get rid of.sleep sleep sleep. observe observe observe
7.35: reach college. up to the class and do whatever i want. usually i will be very quiet and just
stare at a blank space. or just daydream.
8.00 : class starts. slowly, i'll "gain conciousness" and start talking. usually, the first person i talk
would be shi xian. nice girl. i like her, she's very genuine.
12.00 : Lunch. i like lunch time. unlike school days, college allows us to choose to eat out. instead
eating those non edible food@ the canteen at school. usually, lunch is at asia cafe, or AC
as how we like to call it, when we are just feeling lazy, down, or having an common test/
exam after that. if not, we'll go somewhere else.
1.00 : we'll walk lazily back to class. start work again. yawn
3.00 : class dismissed and tiredly walk into the car.

it is the same almost everyday.it bores me sometimes.

just a brief report on hw my college life sounds like. this is what i meant by, it is not my year.

and gudbye blogspot.com. might and might not be back again. but i think i'll be back soon! im starting to get used to this. shh, it's just between you and me. not anyone else yet, i am not ready! just between blogspot.com and me.

No comments: